This section contains reference material on some of the major datasets we store in BigQuery. Reading this section front to back is not recommended. Instead, identify a dataset you'd like to understand better and read through the relevant documentation. After reading the tutorial, you should know all you need about the dataset.
Detailed per-table docs are available in the Data Catalog.
Each tutorial should include:
- A short overview of why we built the dataset and what need it's meant to solve
- What data source the data is collected from, and a high level overview of how the data is organized
- How it is stored and how to access the data
- An example query to give the reader an idea of what the data looks like and how it is meant to be used
- How the data is processed and sampled
- How frequently it's updated, and how it's scheduled
- An up-to-date schema for the dataset
- How to augment or modify the dataset